Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    (EW.com) -- In a shocking development involving Discovery's popular reality show about crab fisherman, "Deadliest Catch" stars Sig Hansen and Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand have reportedly left the show.

    The trio sent this statement to the Hollywood Reporter Tuesday: "We have been through a lot over the past year and unfortunately given the current situation with Discovery we are unable to continue participating in "Deadliest Catch". It has been a fantastic ride, and we wish the best to all of the amazing and supportive Catch fans we have met over the years."

    A Discovery spokesman said a statement from the cable network is forthcoming.

    Earlier this month, the Hillstrands were sued by Discovery over their involvement in a "Catch" spinoff. Discovery reportedly claims that the brothers failed to finish work on "Hillstranded" and is now seeking $3 million in damages. An attorney for the Hillstrands shot back by saying the lawsuit may force the men to sell their boats and fire their crews. Hansen decided to show solidarity for his fellow captains and backed the Hillstrands.

    It's unclear what the departures mean for the seventh season of the show, which is set to resume production next month. The first episode is supposed to include a scene in which the sons of the late Capt. Phil Harris scatter his ashes off of Dutch Harbor near Alaska. Harris' tragic death helped Catch lure its biggest audience ever during the show's sixth season.

    The Hillstrand brothers co-captain "Time Bandit" on "Deadliest Catch," while Hansen lords over "Northwestern."

    'Deadliest Catch' captains have reportedly left the Discovery series - CNN.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    Its gonna be different without them but when I heard of the lawsuit, I figured this would be what happened if Discovery didn't drop it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    I don't see how it lasts without them, Phil's gone, now these other big characters...I don't see how it lasts longer than a season IMO.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    It will all depend upon the personalities on the boats they will be working with now. They have agreed to terms with Phils sons already.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    It's not like it's the first time that they've had captains and crews on the show leave. I can think of 2 off the top of my head that were on there the first few years that left. It'd be hard to replace Phil and Edgar though. The Hillstrand brothers would be missed but more easily replaced.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 'Deadliest Catch' captains quit...

    I dont think the personalities were as dynamic on the other boats. One that used to be on there now runs a chase boat for Discovery. I kind of miss the Maverick crew that was on there. I think about 5 boats have been on the show for one offs.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •